Let Erie Family Life help you find out.
Your life insurance needs:
Life insurance provides financial security for your loved ones. Life insurance proceeds ensure that your family will have the financial resources necessary to meet their needs. In addition to providing protection for your family, life insurance can also help: provide retirement income; pay college expenses; save money for future opportunities or emergencies.
There are no set rules for determining how much life insurance you need. That's because everyone's goals are unique. Whatever your situation, it is likely that someone depends on the resources you provide.
The following guidelines can help you determine your life insurance needs:
- Immediate expenses include items like burial expense, medical and hospital expenses not covered by insurance, attorneys' fees and probate costs.
- Mortgage cancellation assures your family will always have a home. If you are renting, you may wish to calculate a rent fund for a number of years.
- A debt cancellation fund can provide full or partial payoff of installment loans and other outstanding bills.
- An education fund allows you to pay for some or all of the education for your children.
Future expenses is a broad category that includes:
- A fund for expected maintenance or replacement of your vehicle, household furnishings and appliances.
- A fund for unexpected emergencies.
- Survivor's income provides a monthly income for your surviving spouse and family. A rule of thumb for this entry is three to five times your annual income.
Life Insurance Programs
- Whole Life
- Universal Life
- Group Life
- SupERIEor Start